Thanksgiving is coming. You suddenly think about turkey, sweet potatoes, apple pie, corn cob, and vegetable salad – some of the foods that go with Thanksgiving parties. Suddenly, you decided to make a list of things you would buy and you would do for the Thanksgiving Party that you will throw for your family, friends, and relatives. In fact, you feel so excited about it.
However, you should not forget about the things that you would also do for the occasion: beautification. Decorating your house is easy to say, but hard to do, especially if you are hard pressed with budget. Now, how do you go about decorating your place for the Thanksgiving with affordability in mind? You need not worry. Remember, uniqueness can make Thanksgiving decorations cheaper or affordable. Here are our seven cheap Thanksgiving decoration ideas to help you…
1. Fill your house with colors that symbolize Thanksgiving: orange, red, green, brown, and amber. These colors may have to be more particular in your living room, where you receive your visitors. You may use these colors for the fabric for your centerpiece, table, placemats, sofa, and pillow, among other things.
2. Lighting contributes a lot in bringing a Thanksgiving atmosphere in your home. Light your house with candles that reflect the colors of gold, red, yellow, and brown. Place them prominently in the tables around the home.
3. Flowers are also a symbol of Thanksgiving. Consider filling your house with flowers. Or, you may opt to pick fallen dried leaves from your area and try to make a unique decoration out of them.
4. Try to create a decoration out of a pumpkin. The most prominent is putting a face on a pumpkin. Make two designs and place them in the family dining table and in the centerpiece table located in the living room.
5. A house that celebrates Thanksgiving will not be complete without a Thanksgiving wreath, so make at least one. Place this right at your door step to greet people who are coming to your home. This will bring warmth to your visitors.
6. Fill the center of your family dining table with a basket of fruits and some vegetables.
7. Display your family pictures in the living room. But, be sure to bring out all your creative juices to come up with picture display that has a Thanksgiving theme. This type of decoration will definitely capture the attention of your visitors.
With these Thanksgiving decoration ideas, you will surely spend less than expected. Significantly, you will also bring out the artist in you. You may realize you have the qualifications to become an artist.
Follow these tips and you are now ready to make people in your home, as well as your visitors, feel the coming of Thanksgiving celebration by starting to decorate your place. Ask the help of your husband and kids or friends and siblings (if you are not yet married) to make the task of decorating more enjoyable.